Monday 5 September 2016

Looking back

Hello beautiful people,

I've been wanting to post for a long time, but I didn't really know what to say. I feel like every time I come to post, it ends up being a big gap of a few months/years and it's just an 'update on my life'. It doesn't help that the Blogger app has been removed from iOS 👎 I've managed to reinstall it from my purchases and seems to work fine for now. 😊🙌

So, I might as well follow tradition. Since my last update last year, I'm pretty much on the same downward spiral. I ended up stepping down from my Section Leaders job last year and have been back on full time nights since. 

Although I am proud of myself for the things I achieved and how brave I was to take the step, I can only look back with regrets. I allowed myself to be sucked in by the job and I lost myself, I spiralled into a deep depression which is still very much alive right now. I met some amazing people on days and I've got so many memories which I will never forget, but looking back, my days were long and stressful, I missed Dean a lot and I found comfort in food. I hate to say but crying was a regular occurrence and coming home to an empty flat with Pizza and Donuts was the only thing that made me happy. 

I've now removed that stress, but am still unhappy in life. The night job is not what it used to be... In fact, working for Asda is not what it used to be. My routine on nights used to be, happily working early finishing late, being on an aisle I loved (toiletries), motivated to try my best, gym after work, fantastic holidays and treating myself to Acrylic nails twice a month and getting my hair done in a salon.... Now I can barely afford to live in a flat I hate. 

Dean is also still very ill. He's been on this path since November last year, and has unfortunately used up all his sick pay. He's tried every medication going, but still his colitis won't go into remission. The most recent medication he was put on is Adalimumab (Humira) which is a biological medication in the Chemotherapy family, the doctors say it's a TNF blocker which will stop his bowel from being inflamed. It seems to be showing some signs that it's working, his inflammation has been reduced and he doesn't bleed anymore. The only downside is that he's experiencing some major side effects, which I don't think he will be able to live with. His mouth and throat has been covered in ulcers for 11 weeks now, he's covered in weird pimple spots all on his upper thighs and near his genital area and he's continuously losing weight. I think he's going to tell the doctors he's not taking it anymore, but then that only leaves 1 more medication to try before surgery.

In all honestly, the whole situation terrifies me. He is in so much pain on a daily basis, and there's nothing I can do to help. I'm terrified I will wake up and he will be dead next to me in bed. 

I suppose I'm so depressed right now because my life isn't what I expected it to be at this age. I thought I would work my way up in a career, have a house, be planning a wedding and getting ready to have kids.. I feel like a million miles away from that right now. 

It's funny to look back on old posts and see myself complaining about things like my weight. In hindsight, I would do anything to be back at that weight right now. Life is what you make of it, and you don't realise what you've got until it's gone. I swear to god I hope that doesn't happen with this post, I can't imagine feeling more low than I feel right now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message ^-^