Saturday 24 July 2010

Reminiscing - High School Music ♥

After having a little convosation with Leah about the music she likes, she reminded me of a band which bring back very fond memories of High School times :)

Ahhh I miss the days of bopping around pretending to ride a skateboard, shouting random lyrics at the top of my voice and getting strange looks, and trying my very best to disobey the uniform rules by wearing tops underneath my shirt, wearing a black skirt or black tie or stripy socks and boots hehe :') Good times.

So, here is a list of songs which bring back some very cool memories.

Ok so I'll start off at the very beginning. Go back to me - age.... mehhhh about 8ish? Anyway.. walking around a jumble sale on my own with 50p and I spot something which I knew I'd seen before and I didn't know why... It was the Slayer - South of Heaven album. It was strange.. I knew I recognised it and I didnt know why. So I bought it. Keeping in mind around this time I was listening to things like The Spice Girls, bit of a strange buy for me. Anyway, my mum said my Dad used to have the album when I was younger & thats why I remember it.

Slayer - South of Heaven

Soooo... pop it on the ol' cd player and wow.. crazy heavy music. I liked it!! :D I remember transferring it to a casette tape so I could listen to it on my portable casette player on the way to Cornwall haha yeah.. IT WAS THAT LONG AGO. This was my favourite song at the time :)

~♥~

Blink 182 - All the small things

Ok.. so I'm aged about hmmm... 11? It was 1999 anyways.. One random day.. listening to "The Box" whilst sitting on the PC and wahhhh something so delightful hit my ear drums.. a change from the usual crap.. pop punk. I was in love. Oh and as soon as I saw Tom DeLonge.. the obsession has begun.

Blink 182 - Whats my age again?

Is it wrong that I still know all the words to this song? Haha I remember the first time I ever saw this video.... my jaw was touching the floor, I was in heaven. At the height of my obsession, and they released a video of themselves naked pretty much haha.

The Offpring - Pretty Fly for a White Guy

Haha.. picture this.. me, on the very packed 61a bus on the way home after our first school trip to Camelot in year 7.. listening to this on my cd player, singing it at the top of my voice with my eyes closed (I was sitting on my own).. then opening my eyes only to realise everyone was staring at me haha :')

System of a down - Sugar

Hehe, now to fast forward to me in year 9.. I'd not long met Day and started hanging around with Kerry at dinner times. I remember sitting on the hill on the field in front of where they all used to play football, and I was listening to this song.. again, screaming at the top of my voice "SUGARRRRR" oh dear, god knows what they were all thinking haha :P

Sum 41 - Fat Lip

Hahaha I knew all the words to the rap at the start of the song.. how funny :') I remember running around the playground singing this. Oh and the end part haha loved it. Funnnyyyyy. Also my first ever gig, with Day, Kerry, Helen and Julie. Good tiiiimes.

Puddle of Mudd - Blurry


Rival Schools - Used for Glue


More will be added soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message ^-^